Whole Grain Zucchini Bread
Total Time: 1 hr
Yield: 1 loaf
1 cup whole grain white flour
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
1 cup shredded zucchini
1/2 cup shredded apple
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup honey
2/3 cup chopped walnuts
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
2 flax eggs
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- To make the flax eggs, whisk 2 tbsp. of ground flaxseed with 6 tbsp. of water. Allow to set for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all dry ingredients, including the cinnamon and nutmeg, in a large mixing bowl and whisk until even.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, honey, vanilla and flax eggs.
- Next, combine the dry and wet ingredients and gently mix until evenly incorporated.
- Fold in the shredded zucchini, apple and chopped walnuts.
- Pour into a greased or parchment paper-lined baking pan of your choice.
- If desired, sprinkle extra walnuts on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. be sure to allow time for the bread to rest before removing from the pan.