I love the combination of lemon and capers. I’ve had it many times in pasta dishes, but never thought to try it with fresh veggies. Today I was feeling creative and decided to give it a try. I had a huge bag of green beans that I wasn’t sure what to do with so I just figured I’d wing it. Luckily, they turned out to be delicious. If you don’t care for capers, you can easily exclude them, but I think they are perfect pair perfect with the lemon to create a salty-tangy taste. I will definitely be making these again. I had them as a snack, but they would make a great side dish for any meal. The best part is they took less than 30 minutes to make!
Oven Roasted Green Beans
1 lb. fresh green beans
3 tbsp. capers
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Clean and trim the green beans. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread out the green beans evenly.
- Zest and juice the lemon. In a bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, zest and olive oil. Drizzle across the green beans.
- Sprinkle the capers and minced garlic over the green beans. Add salt & pepper according to taste.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes, turning the beans after ten minutes.